Sunday, November 06, 2005

Sunday Bowling League

There was a bit of a generation gap at bowling today as Doreen and I had to play Charlotte and Natasha, a couple of teenagers. In true Headmistress style Doreen wished them both a good game before adding 'I expect respect'!

They were good girls though and started well by winning the first game by six pins which meant that we had to pull out all the stops and try to win the last two. Doreen's 156 and my 136 was enough to secure the middle game and our 144 and 145 in the last gave us a 6 - 2 win!.

Congratulations to Charlotte as she managed 176 in the last but, unfortunately, it wasn't enough to win them the match. Only two weeks to go before the end of the league.

We decided to eat out tonight at one of the local spanish restaurants, Rincon de Cristina. I had prawns in garlic with bread, it's really tasty but didn't do my sore mouth much good.

By the way, the weekly medal is at my side of the cupboard!!

No comments: