Wednesday, November 30, 2005

El Dia de San Andreas



Saint Andrew's Day, Patron Saint of Scotland.

Celebrated in Tenerife by the locals running around the roads pulling tin baths, old car doors, in fact, anything at all made of tin! Usually, the children run around the school with tin cans on string, but it didn't happen today for some reason. Maybe, because of the recent bad weather. I'm quite glad really as the whole thing makes such a racket! Happen they are saving it until tomorrow!

I enjoyed five o'clock club tonight. Vinod and Josie are going back to England tomorrow. Vinod is the Indian gentleman I've mentioned before. He was a Doctor in Harley Street for many years but has now retired. His wife, Josie, is Maltese so we have had lots to talk about. I lived in Malta for a couple of years, my daughter was born there and it was so nice to chat about it. Made me fancy a nice walk through Valetta!

David, Charlotte's Daddy came up with this stupid thing.............say beer can. If you can do it without sounding like a Rastafarian wanting bacon with his eggs you are a good un!

No comments: