Friday, March 31, 2006

Three Ladies. A Day Out........Part Two


We moved on, Sue, on the left, still fuming and Ann and I still chuckling!!

It was a safe decision to have lunch at our usual Italian Restaurant but I did make sure that I knew how much the bill was before fetching out the kitty purse!! Ann also played safe and had a white wine!

Bowling was next on the agenda. Sue won the overall score but I'm sure it was because she was picturing ten little waiters at the end of the lane!

Almost time for home but as we have quite a steep hill to climb to the bus stop we normally call into the bar half way up for a relaxing drink. Using Spanish, we ordered our drinks from the waiter, paid the bill and left the bar just in time to see our bus going down the road!! Ann and I both had the same thought...........back to the bar!!

Seeing the raised eyebrows of the waiter, I pointed down the road and said 'La Gua Gua'. In a broader Lancashire accent than mine he replied 'oh, you've missed your bus'. The little tinker!!
All that wasted effort speaking Spanish!! I haven't laughed like that for ages and Ann had to wipe her tears with her bowling socks! Total of buses missed.............three...........but it was such a good day with memories I'll treasure x

No comments: