Sunday, March 12, 2006

Memory Lane


We all seemed to be remembering the past at five o'clock club today. As, Sue, Don, Brian and myself are of a similar sort of age, we were recalling when we first had television. The general opinion was the late fifies. How old are we!!

Sue and I went on to talk about the mini skirts and the naughty things we did as teenagers. David, in his thirties, was well shocked, he didn't think that we may have had a life when we were young. Mind you, I admit that when I was his age, I did think that the over fifties must have always been boring.

We moved on to childhood holiday memories. Sue told us about her Dad taking her and her siblings to Butlins every year, Brian went to his Gran's farm and if I was really lucky, we had a few days at Blackpool.

I'm a little sentimental about Blackpool. My late husband, Andy, and I, had some great fun there when we were 'courting', and we took our children there a few times. It was especially nice that our son took me there last October, along with his family.

Oh, well, back to the present!

No comments: