Wednesday, March 01, 2006

A Peaceful Interlude

It's quite peaceful now after the last 36 hours or so of storms and torrential rain. I have hated the wind since I was a small child and stayed awake most of last night, fretting. At one point all I could hear was the smashing of glass and patio furniture blowing around terraces and balconies. Our shutters were slamming about and along with the sound of the rain beating down it was all a bit horrid.

We did manage to get to five o'clock club though, all wrapped up, complete with my M & S brolly, which didn´t get turned inside out! There´s quality for you!

There I was quietly enjoying my beer when this old Canarian chap slipped on the wet floor tiles and head butted me in the middle of my back!! He was fine as I sort of broke his fall, but I´m in such pain. My right arm is really sore and it´s hard to type. Why am I always in the way?!!

Still, if I hadn´t have been the poor chap would have hit the corner of the bar. Not a nice thought.

If my blog is a bit neglected you all know why!

No comments: