Thursday, March 09, 2006

Sick Week!

First I go and get bitten by those pesky mosquitos and then I develop a really bad cold! I expect a bloke would call it 'flu!! I tried to sleep it off today, hence the reason I'm wide awake now.

We watched the footie earlier and my Spanish team, Real Madrid, was knocked out of the Championship. A bit of a blow as Barca managed to get through. Who will I support now?

I haven´t mentioned things like budgies, daffodils, dvd burners or poinsettias lately, so here´s an update.

After speaking to my daughter, earlier in the week, who has a budgie breeding friend, Carol, it seems that the cere on the female goes very brown when it´s nesting box time. Looking at Juanita, I reckon we may have those easter eggs! Carol recommends some egg meal to feed her up a bit. That´s a good one to ask for in Spanish! I know eggs are huevos so I´ll work from there.

It´s a no go with the daffodils. For the second year running I just have leaves. Such a disappointment.

As for the dvd burner..........grrr. A mate of mine helped me to install it and gave me some software. I managed to ´burn´, if that´s the term, a file today and it worked wonderfully, but that was it. I´ve spent ages trying to repeat the process with other files and can´t understand what I´m doing wrong. Back to the drawing board and I refuse to be beaten!

My poinsettia!! Still going strong and it´s March! Well, I suppose I have to have some success somewhere!

No comments: