Friday, March 17, 2006

St Patrick's Day

St Patrick's Day has rolled around again. Most of the 5 o'clock club go off to Playa Las Americas to celebrate the occasion and as it's also Caron's birthday they really go for it. She's 40 this year so I expect she will have a wicked hangover on Saturday.

We have decided to give it a miss. I really need a day in the house as I've been quite busy this week. Well, busy for me!!

My first mission was to change my Spanish bank. The one I was with was completely useless so I've now moved to La Caixa. They seem to have a good reputation and were very friendly. The best of it is that I don't have to worry about the dreaded phone bill as they were able to set up a standing order. Phew!

Next was a parcel to collect from the Post Office or Correos as it's called here. It closes at eleven in the morning so the queue is always so long. It took me two attempts!! Nothing is ever easy here.

Top needed more heart worm tablets so another wait at the vet's, yet another queue in the pet shop for budgie stuff so it's a good job I used to live in Cornwall and learned to live with 'd'rectly'!!

No comments: