Friday, March 31, 2006

Three Ladies. A Day Out........Part One


Sue, Ann and I set off on the bus to Las Americas this morning and what a silly day we had!!

We caught the bus around nine thirty which got me a few funny looks as everyone knows that I don't do 'mornings'.

Anyway our first mission was to check out Torviscas Market, which was teeming with folk of all nationalities. It was a struggle to get to see what was being sold but we managed to get around three quarters of it, clutching onto our bags for dear life!

All in all it was thirsty work so we wandered off to find refreshments. Luckily, or so we thought, there was a bar nearby with a pleasant terrace, perfect! We settled ourselves in the sun feeling like we knew how to live and ordered our drinks. An hour or so later having discussed women's things, chuckled about the state of some folk passing by (always a favourite) we asked for the bill. Being too vain to wear my specs, I just glanced at it, thought I saw five euros and paid it out of our kitty purse.

Sue was livid and it was so funny! Off she went, bill in hand, to complain. Five euros for a wine and soda!! She didn't get very far but ten out of ten for trying and at least the rest of the customers would have checked theirs before paying. I won't tell you what Sue called that waiter during the course of the day but as you might expect, his ears would have been burning. Sue kept the receipt and I think I may buy a frame for it!!

Be warned............avoid La Brochette.

No comments: