Saturday, December 10, 2005

So Emotional

We don't have English television here which is a bit of a bugbear and we do scratch around for stuff to watch.

We recently acquired a box of assorted video tapes, many without titles, and have been ploughing our way through them. Brian is waiting to find the 'naughty ones'!!

We came across a tape of the VE Celebrations in London, 1995, this evening and have I had a good cry!! I've never seen it before.

The Scots Guards made the hair stand up on the back of my neck and the kiddies going off on trains, being evacuated was a little sorrowful.

Sir Cliff Richard started me sniffling with his version of 'Jerusalem', one of my favourites but Dame Vera Lynn really had me howling. 'We'll Meet Again' followed by 'Land of Hope and Glory', tears were running down my face.

Will I save it or shove it in the bin?!!!

No comments: