Tuesday, December 27, 2005

My Christmas Carol

Such a trip down memory lane, I don't really know where to start.

Carol and I were inseperable as kids, her mother would clip my ear same as mine would her's. Folks did that sort of thing in those days.

Anyway, we both attended St Andrew's Primary School but were sent off to different senior schools and haven't seen each other since. Carol did bring a letter with her which I wrote to her around the mid seventies........I'm ashamed to say that I don't remember writing it! How time rolls on.
Brian took this lovely photo of me, Carol and her parents, Tom and Joyce, when we all met again today. I was rather nervous to start, same as Carol was, but after a minute or two we found that we couldn't stop talking!

Joyce brought out some pics of my parents which I'd never seen.........very emotional.........and Tom told a few tales about my dad. We looked at photos of our children, talked about other kids we knew from school, the afternoon just flew by.

They don't leave the island until the sixth of January and we hope to meet before then. Such a lovely day!

Photo: Brian

No comments: