Saturday, December 31, 2005

On Countdown to 2006!

I suppose everyone is thinking about making New Year resolutions today. I'm not going to go there as I know I'd never keep any.

Spain's new anti smoking reforms start on the first of January. No smoking in public places, which includes bars. I never thought that would happen here as around 75% of Canarians smoke. It is a little strange because very small bars are exempt even though they serve food. Medium sized bars have a complete no smoking ban but the largest bars are allowed a smoking area.........sounds a little like the story of the three bears..........!! In walks Goldilocks puffing on a very large cigar!

I guess I might get used to standing outside for my naughty ciggie.

I collected my parcel from the post office today. It was a couple of dvd's from my son, Mark. We watched one of them tonight and really enjoyed it. A comedy thing called 'A Road to Nowhere'. I'm saying nothing about the other one!

We have also been watching the history stuff that Sam sent. Narrated by David Starkey, discussing the lives of Elizabeth the First and Henry the Eighth. I so love that sort of thing and hoped he might have covered more Royal lives, but unfortunately not. Maybe in the course of time.

No comments: