Sunday, September 04, 2005

Sunday Bowling League

What a brilliant day!! Doreen and I played the top of the league and came away with a draw!! We were certain of getting an eight- nil defeat so it was such a good result for us.

Doreen's scores.........125, 136 and 160
Mine...........168, 133 and 144

Our opponents were really bad sports though and spent ages trying to 'cook the books'. They didn't even shake our hands after and thank us for the game! Sandbaggers!!

We had everyone behind us though. I had to pick up one pin on the tenth end to secure the points which was a bit nerve racking. Everyone went well quiet and I could feel the eyes on me................but I got it!!

There is a weekly contest between Doreen and I, and Jeff and Brian. Whichever team gets most points takes home the medals. We beat them by over forty pins this week! Mine is proudly displayed at my end of the cupboard whilst my mate went home with hers around her neck!!

I'll probably come back down to earth with a bump tomorrow at Monday Bowling League.............

1 comment:

John Clarke said...

You'll be turning professional - well done.

Hate to say this, but you need to clear the spiders out a bit more often!