Monday, September 19, 2005

Monday Bowling League

A bit of a big boys' league this one so Martin and I did really well getting two points. We both had a really good last game. It's a good fun day too because most of the league members are entertainers in some form or another.

One lad is a DJ on Power FM Radio, some are dancers and a few bar owners turn up. Monday is normally their day off so this league was designed for them in mind.

Avril and Tommy are a double act, goodness knows what they do or where they perform but they have us in fits at the bowling!

My favourite lady is Katie Kennedy. A gradely lass, who does so much for charity on the island. She also does a live act, which we went to see last year. Unfortunately, she spotted us watching.........did we get some stick!!

She also does a column for one of the local papers, link below, Doreen's Charity Fun Bowl gets a mention this week.

I gave her hell last year when she printed a photo of me after a serious mossie bite which caused my face to blow up to twice it's size. It seems I emailed her the pic, must have had too many beers that night!!

http://www.thepaper.net/

No comments: