Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Family History - My Nana

My Nana, Sarah, was born somewhere around here in March, 1899 and this is the first photo I've seen of the area, taken at that time. I think it's quite wonderful! I wonder who was alert enough and also clever enough to capture this image on the nineteenth of October, 1908? Steiner's was a calico factory from what I can gather, so far, but more research to do!

As my Nana was born at Steiner's View, I'm presuming that it could have been the buildings top left, just showing in the pic. I just wish that I had listened to her more when she was still with us.

She died in November, 1981, her only child, Millicent, my mother, having died some fifteen years before her. Her husband, Albert, was also taken from her when she was in her forties. Not a good life but she did have me and 'our kid'!!

Many thanks to Stag and Accyweb for the photo xx

No comments: