Monday, September 05, 2005

Monday Bowling League

Not a very successful day really. Our opponents didn't turn up and hadn't contacted anyone to tell us why. Really annoying!! We decided to play our game and put a paper score in, good eggs us. We could have claimed the game!

The afternoon just dragged on though because one of our lanes 'died'!! It couldn't be revived and after waiting for an hour or so, we were moved elsewhere acquiring two more players along the way. I must admit that by the last game I had lost interest and my best score of the day was 159. I don't think Martin (my nice Danish partner) was too pleased with me but there you go. He didn't play too well either!

I did say that I would come down to earth with a bump!

Doreen and I had some good news because we picked up eight points for an outstanding 'paper' game from four weeks ago. Watch out Brian and Jeff, we are creeping up behind you!

It is rather hot at the moment for September. Some areas are hitting 40C and most people are becoming tired and grumpy, including me, strangely enough, as it's usually the hotter the better!

We are off up into the hills tomorrow evening for Donna's barbecue. I'm looking forward to it and should have some good pics.

No comments: