Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Preparations and Pie

I've been out and about so much lately, what with La Gomera, bowling and meeting up with people that I decided to have a stay at home type day today. A bit of sweeping and mopping, followed by an hour or so sitting on the balcony, a wander round the block with Topsie and then a quick visit to the supermarket for essential supplies.

I bought deodorant, toothpaste, a new toothbrush and half a kilo of minced beef! Such a selection! The minced beef turned into a plate meat pie and was quite a success. The rest of it is for my holiday.

Tomorrow's plan is to book my seat on the airport bus and to buy the suitcase I've had my eye on for a couple of weeks. Packing will start in earnest.

We have a new member of the five o'clock club. He's called Mick, is single and owns his own fabrications firm. He has been sitting with us for a week or two now but finally made his mark today by wandering into the ladies loo. He's as daft as us!

No comments: