Friday, April 06, 2007

One of Those Days

MaundyThursday is a strange sort of day, here in Spain. Some people take it as a public holiday and others don't so it's a little hit and miss as to which shops or businesses might be open. This is the first year since I moved here that I got it right.

The first cloud on the horizon was that my Internet connection went belly up. Save that problem for later.

Off I went, bright and early, well it was about half ten, early for me! I took Topsie for his morning walk, popped up to Duranza for essential supplies, followed by the Movistar shop to ask if my mobile phone would work in England, it won't! The nice, unhelpful lady said that it was far too expensive and refused to help me. I had a bit of a bee in my bonnet by this time as I can't imagine not having my phone. After searching for my contract and anything else that looked like it related to Movistar, I rang the freephone number. Finding that wasn't easy either. Thankfully, I was connected to a helpful person, who sorted it. Phew!

Next stop was the big supermarket for stuff to make a curry. Home again and it wasn't even one o'clock!

Internet connection...........I rang Telefonica who checked my line. No problem with that they said but it's very strange that it has worked perfectly since!

I made the curry, packed my suitcase, filled a couple of bags of old clothes for Katie Kennedy's charity, swept, mopped and dusted and then had a quiet half hour to myself before collecting Charlotte from nursery.

We had a little bit of a leaving do at five o'clock club as Vic is off to England tomorrow too. A few beers sitting in the sun, home for curry and Coronation Street. I'm well wrecked!

No comments: