Sunday, January 21, 2007

Should I Have Gone Bowling?


It was my choice to postpone bowling until Friday as I had a fancy for a Sunday off. I planned to have a nice stroll around the village but ´im indoors had other ideas.
He did lull me into a false sense of security by proposing a trip to Playa Paraiso, where we looked around a couple of shops and stopped for a cool drink. Ok, it was a beer!! In fact, it was the bar where we used to meet Shona and William whilst they were here last year and I was cheeky enough to send her a ´thinking of you´ text. Needless to say, she never replied!!
As Brian fancied a couple more beers we took Melvyn home and ended up at the Fisherman´s Bar. Strangely enough, we were just in time to watch the Arsenal v Man United match. How things pan out!
It was good fun though and I really enjoyed the match and the banter. Out of around twenty of us there was one bloke supporting Arsenal. He got some stick and gave some back but we did applause when the last goal went in.
Nice, good natured fun, good to see and he bought a round!

1 comment:

John Clarke said...

A rich Arsenal fan, perhaps that's the only kind?