Saturday, January 27, 2007

Rain is Better

We have done really well this winter as far as weather is concerned. Apart from a few windy days earlier in the month, it has been nice and hot during the day. It is a little chilly during the evening though!

It appears that January has replaced November as the 'wet month', it's tipping down but much nicer than that scary wind! The weather report states that it has set in for the next few days. I'm a home bird tomorrow. I don't mind watching it but I'm not going out unless I have to.

Not a bad result for us girls at the bowling today. We played a make-up game against Brian and Jeff, postponed from Sunday. I've been aiming at the centre arrow on the lane for months now and, although I found I had fairly good scores, I've gone off the boil lately. Our first two games weren't too good and so I decided to change my style. I moved over to the left and curled my ball slightly, towards the head pin. It worked wonders! Doreen had a good game too and we completely thrashed them. Too late for a win but at least we had two points.

I'm looking forward to Sunday so that I can check out the new tactics. Hopefully it isn't a fluke!

No comments: