Sunday, December 31, 2006

What Did I Miss!!

I´ve just watched a really brilliant programme about the making of ´The Phantom of the Opera´ starring Sarah Brightman and Michael Crawford.

Back in the mid eighties, Brian treated me to a weekend in London, for my birthday, I think!! He was working there at the time and I remember catching the train from Plymouth, after work, and meeting him at Paddington. He had found a lovely hotel, just behind Kensington Palace. The barman was in his eighties, doing a degree in Military History and living hand to mouth. A wonderful man who I often think of.

Anyway, back to my tale. The highlight of my weekend was supposed to be a visit to the theatre to see the ´Phantom of the Opera´ but the Scottish blood in him refused to pay the price of the tickets!

I don´t normally nag but he did get it in the neck during tonight´s programme. I really would have liked to have seen it.

No comments: