Tuesday, December 19, 2006

So Useless


I had to pay a visit to the Post Office or Correos today which is a mission that I really dread. It´s advisable to get there before ten o´clock as it closes at eleven and as I don´t do mornings, I have to make a tremendous effort!!

Needing at least two mugs of coffee (decaf these days) before facing the world, I was up at eight thirty and out of the door just after half nine. Not a bad sort of queue I thought. Only five in front of me. This should be a breeze and I´ll have time for coffee number three at Antonio´s Bar before meeting my friend, Barbara. Not a chance in hell!

I´m not too sure about the size of the population in our village but it must run into thousands. The one and only Post Office opens for two hours a day and one girl runs the lot. Just as I got to the front she went off to sort out the outgoing post which involved a lot of date stamping and ten minutes on the computer. By this time the queue was out of the door! Near on an hour just to buy a couple of stamps!

No comments: