Sunday, July 23, 2006

Melvyn Was Rammed!!

We stopped off at the bank on the way to bowling today and, as there wasn't a space, Brian pulled in behind three parked cars. I noticed a Spanish lady turn up who started to load her beach stuff into her vehicle. Being polite I explained that he was in the bank and would be two minutes but she didn't seem very interested.

Next thing I saw was the back end of her car coming towards me and then 'dunk'. I couldn't even get out of the car as her's had trapped me in! Luckily, she noticed and after explaining again where Brian was she was full of apologies. Melvyn was unscathed so off we went. I'll be having flashbacks though!!

My Spanish was tested again when we got to the underground car park at the bowling. There was a queue of around fifteen cars so I got out and went off to see what the problem was. A chap was standing by the ticket machine looking a bit perplexed. I tried to help but he went off into a bit of a rant telling me, in English, that I was a visitor etc. and should address him in his own language! When I did he turned his back on me!! I was beginning to wish I'd stayed in bed!

Bowling started fifteen minutes late as folk had to find alternative places to park. We lost 6 - 2 after all that!

No comments: