Sunday, July 16, 2006

No Escape!

I did try my best to stay in my bed this morning but it didn't work as 'im indoors was determined that I join him in his market venture. I was out of the door before I knew I was awake.

We were informed that it was market procedure to book your table at eight o'clock but after spending five minutes looking for the 'man' we were told he was off having coffee and would return about nine. Thankfully, it's only a two minute walk back to my apartment so I escaped at this point and found my own coffee at home.

To be honest, when it all got sorted I quite enjoyed it. Brian was in charge of sales and did quite well at it, whilst I sat on the kerb edge and chatted to the lovely South American lad on the next stall. He was really nice and we managed to converse in a sort of Spanglish way. He left me in charge of his table a couple of times too! A few of our mates passed by and stopped for a chat. Happen early mornings are ok............well, now and again!

We bailed out just before one o'clock having sold over half our books and making about 55 Euros. Not a bad effort and well done Brian.

No comments: