Monday, January 16, 2006

Green Fingers!

I'm feeling pretty pleased with my gardening abilities at the moment because I've managed to keep this poinsettia going for far longer than their usual timespan. Sue gave it to me a couple of weeks before Christmas and it's hardly dropped a leaf!

Talking of Sue........she asked me to mention her canaries, Red and Fecker. It seems that poor girlie Fecker has had to be moved to a 'holding cage' for safety reasons, that bad Red bird was far too amorous, bless her.

Back to the gardening. I tried so hard last winter to produce daffodils and most folk thought that I was really stupid. Daffodils won't grow in Tenerife. I sort of thought that they may be right when I ended up with a pot of leaves but I've cared for the bulbs all year and guess what!! They are growing again!!

No comments: