Sunday, October 09, 2005

Sunday Bowling League

We had to play Brian and Jeff today and guess what? We lost 6 - 2. The weekly medal remains at his side of the cupboard!

We won the first but were slaughtered on the second. I played really well on the last and managed to get strikes on 7 and 8 but, unfortunately, Jeff kept up with me and managed a strike on 9.

I said to Doreen that we both needed turkeys on the tenth to win......I got two strikes, well done me! Not enough for us to beat them though. As we need new shirts next season we have decided to change our team name. Say hello to the Rackettes!!

We met Doreen and Jeff at eleven this morning for our freebie breakfast. Doreen enters the quiz every day on the radio and being a retired headmistress, a clever lady, she manages to win loads of stuff.......hence the breakfast.

I remembered why I came here to live as it was so pleasant sitting in the sunshine, chatting to nice people. A good day!!

No comments: