Sunday, October 30, 2005

My Holiday

Just a selection of photos taken with ancient digital camera. My son, Mark, hated the thing and said it ruined his image!! I did manage to take one of him, Katie and Tully next to Blackpool Tower........... I seem to have lost the tower though!!

I spent one day with my brother and his family at Fairhaven Lake in Lytham and there they are having a picnic. It was a lovely day, nice and sunny, but the chill factor was around - 20C or so it felt. My nephew, Bradley, thinks I'm a softie for always feeling cold!


We drove into Blackpool later as Dean and Bradley wanted to look around Dr Who's House. Dean was well impressed but I thought it all looked a bit 'mouldy'.

http://www.doctorwhoexhibitions.co.uk/museum/about.html

After a superb supper at our 'usual' cafe we walked through the lights back to the car. My poor feet!!

Fairhaven Lake, below.

Other activities included a trip to Skipton Market. It turned out that Tuesday isn't market day!! Just our luck. We had a nice wander around the shops though and had a pub lunch. Ray had to wait a little longer for his because the waiter dropped it on the floor. It always happens to him!! We did manage to get the right day for Blackburn Market on the Wednesday and Ray and I went to the quiz at the local pub that night. We came in last as predicted but after a few lagers it didn't seem to matter.

Tully, keeping fit!

I felt so sorry for Alison, driving me to the airport on Friday afternoon. The traffic was terrible. I think I may be shoved into a taxi next year!!

Brian was waiting for me and we arrived home around three in the morning. Top was so pleased to see me. Back to normal now and as it's Sunday...............bowling this afternoon!!


No comments: