Wednesday, October 05, 2005

A Pressie!!

I'm really struggling with gardening here because we have the sun on our balcony most of the day. None of my plants seem to survive the heat, no matter how often I water them. I've been concentrating on my cacti as nothing seems to kill them off! Brian came home with this little specimen today to add to my collection.

My daffodil bulbs are planted and I'm hoping I will have more than lots of healthy leaves this winter. I hate the cold in England but I do really miss the drive through Cornwall when the daffodils are in flower. Hopefully, I will be able to post a lovely flowering pic come spring!!

I'm also experimenting with a poinsettia from last Christmas. I read that the plant must be cut back to a twig and kept in a dark place until October. I've done all that and now it's time to water it again. It's living in the 'intensive care' area in the kitchen at the moment so fingers crossed.

I almost forgot to mention that Jeffery, as in Doreen and Jeffery, bowling partners, rang tonight to invite us to breakfast on Sunday. It seems we are eating at Jack's Bar in Las Americas and it's a freebie! Doreen still has her ear infection..............Jeff said something about 'throat would be better'..........what on earth did he mean???

1 comment:

John Clarke said...

Are you sure that wasn't the bird you... No, I'll stop there before I get into even more trouble.