Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Family History - My Home Town!

To be honest, Accrington town centre doesn't look that much different now. The Market Hall, on the right, is still there and the Town Hall next to it is about the same. The main difference, of course, is the change from horses to motor vehicles and more folks. I must find the time during my visit to take a more modern pic.

I have been doing a little family history research today but I appear to have hit another brick wall. I am still trying to find the parents of William Bentley who was my Nana's Grandfather on her mother's side. He was born in 1821 in Chatburn, Lancashire and married Sarah Fishwick in 1846.

Mary Ellen, my great grandmother was the sixth of ten children, poor Sarah!! Mary Ellen went on to marry William Yates and following family tradition, they had eleven of their own.....my nana, also Sarah coming in at tenth place!!

Accrington is, to most people, more famous for it's football history................Accrington Stanley!!
Look at their site, well interesting............

http://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/

No comments: