Thursday, June 25, 2009

Absolutely Ridiculous

Totally unfair..........I could go on and on.

It's over two years since I last went to Cornwall and as Brian knows that I'm pining a little he coughed up two hundred quid for a return flight. I'm restricted as the only airline that flies into Exeter is Thomson/First Choice so off I went to check out their website.

Had I been able to go on Tuesday the 25th June it would have been 220 Euros but it almost doubles next week and reaches five hundred pounds in October. Why?...........same plane, same amount of petrol and schools don't break up for another three or four weeks.

Not one to give in easily I tried alternative routes. Going into Gatwick means the hurry up bus down to Plymouth. I don't mind that but it meant that I'd end up sitting around in London in the middle of the night on my own. Not something which I'd like to experience. Next option was to fly to Madrid and as I get forty percent off flights to the mainland it was worth a look. Another no go because there aren't any connecting flights.

Oh well, there's always next year.

No comments: