Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Well, I Went!

It was 'Mammogram Day' yesterday and my friend, Tina, offered to drive me to the hospital as it's a little off the beaten track. It was kind of her as I must admit to being a little nervous and was glad of her company.

The first hurdle was my lack of a medical card which I fully expected and I was asked to wait whilst my letter and passport were taken elsewhere for checks. It did cross my mind to bail out then but I braved it out and waited. Ten minutes or so later I was taken into a small office and had to answer a questionnaire. Quite funny really but with my Spanish and the receptionist's English we managed it. She did seem quite amused when I told her that both my children were bottle fed..........happen my Lancashire/Spanish confused her!

That done I was sent outside to wait again. It's hard enough going for these sort of things in England when you know why you have to wait but neither Tina nor I knew what the plot was. Ten minutes later they shouted my name........Hoonie as they pronounce it here.........and it was done and dusted.

Back to San Juan and a much needed beer in Bar Antonio!

No comments: