Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Our Day Out

Charlotte and I went off on our school trip yesterday. We went up to Pino Alto which is way up in the North of the Island. It took around two hours to get there and I was well amazed to find it was pouring with rain and well chilly. As you can see the Spanish manage a fiesta whatever the conditions.

Whilst the children were singing and dancing us grown-ups were taken on a tour of the village. The road reminded me of when I lived in Cornwall as it just went up and up. One poor chap was gasping as he arrived at the top. All that just to go back down again! We were shown this mine and from what I could gather it was something to do with bringing fresh water out of the rock. Lots of herbs and stuff to collect, not that I knew one from the other but it did smell nice.

This was another viewpoint which was pointed out. All to do with the pine trees that grow here.

A nice day out but I must admit that it was good to get back into the sun again. Little Lottie's birthday party to go to and then I escaped to a child free zone!



No comments: