Saturday, November 24, 2007

Nothing is Easy

I felt really proud of myself yesterday when I'd called Madrid and arranged a visit from the mending man. Tuesday.......not that good when I have shed loads of washing but at least it's better than nothing.

Being resigned to that, I was more than a little surprised to receive a phone call this morning to say that 'he' was on his way. I waited and waited.........no man. It's so infuriating when they say within the hour and six hours later you are still waiting.

He was such a sweetie though. We had a conversation, a bit stilted on my part, but it seemed to amuse him. It turned out that he didn't have the necessary part with him and we arranged that he'd come back on TUESDAY. Back to square one!

At least I could have the bath that I'd promised myself all day. Half an hour later, when I was still wrapped in a towel, he came back! I've never dressed so quickly in all my life. I think he liked me. He mended my machine, complimented me on my Spanish and said he loved Clio. What a nice man.

No comments: