Thursday, June 07, 2007

A Strange Old World


It was 'Charlotte Day' today and as her Nana is here for a little while, all three of us went out for the afternoon.
We were wandering along the coast road in our village when I spotted someone I thought I recognised. You know what it's like. Is it him, or is it not? On drawing level........I was staring, I noticed that he was grinning at me! Our Vernon!
He is on the island for a few days and was just telling his daughter that he had a friend who lived nearby when I turned up! We had a few minutes to chat and it was really good to see him.
I found this old photo later, goodness knows when it was taken but I reckon it was at least fifteen years ago. Vernon, on the left, an old mate Jim, leaning on the bar and Vernon's three brothers, Greg, Jeff and Robert. Those were the days.
Back to Charlotte. We had a lovely walk and then stopped for refreshments. Charlotte had the biggest ice cream I've ever seen!

No comments: