Thursday, June 14, 2007

Sticky Buns

Ann, Caron's Mum, and I caught the bus to Alcala this morning. Our main mission was to buy some gloss paint as Ann has decided to do a little painting during her holiday. We had a peek into a few shops along the way. I'm still pricing freezers and flat screen monitors but, strangely enough, everything seems to be 250 euros!

With the business out of the way, we headed down to the cake shop. A couple of coffees, a bit of tapas..........more coffees and sticky cream cakes, what a way to live!! We paid the bill, ten euros for all that, and then sat by the sea for a little while talking about this and that, until it was time for the bus home. Well, we thought it was, but it took almost an hour for one to turn up. We could have walked it in a quarter of the time!

Being a little desperate for some refreshment we stopped off for a cool drink. I ordered a beer and Ann fancied a white wine and soda. She was more desperate than me as it turned out and wanted another before I was half way through mine. Panic struck as I thought I wouldn't get another.......'I will speed up'.............well funny and such a good day! Thanks Ann x

No comments: