Friday, March 09, 2007

School Trip


The Canary Islands have been part of my life for almost ten years now and, although we have settled in Tenerife, it's my mission to visit all the other islands at some point.
I'm not doing too well so far as the only other island I've set foot on is Gran Canaria!
It turns out that Charlotte is going to La Gomera with her school towards the end of this month. Mum and Dad are working and can't go with her but she seems happy enough for me to tag along.
I can see the island from my house and have taken numerous photos of it. It's famous for it's wonderful walks (more of interest to John than me), the cloud which often covers the island and a strange whistling language that the locals use.
I'm really excited!! Even the thought of having to be at Charlotte's school before half seven in the morning isn't putting me off!

No comments: