Wednesday, February 01, 2006

It Seems Like Another Lifetime

During my internet wanderings I found this pic of the street that I lived in for most of my childhood. In fact, I left there, aged nineteen, on my wedding day.

It looks a little different. There were cobbles in my day and a car was a rarity. My father was the first in the street to have one. A little black Austin A30 which had this thingy that popped out to serve as an indicator. I even remember the registration number!

I could also tell you who lived in each house. I wonder who is hiding behind that rather large conifer?

The Church at the bottom of the road is St Andrew's. My parents were married there. It will be sad to see it go. The whole area is about to be demolished which is such a shame.

Photo: Thanks to a nice lady

No comments: