Monday, April 27, 2009

Health Checks

Thankfully, I'm normally quite healthy and just get the usual things like colds but since Jade Goody I've been worrying about the checks which I ought to be having, especially at my age.

You may remember that I had those funny chest pains around eighteen months ago but was well looked after at the emergency clinic and it wasn't a heart attack but severe indigestion. I've been fine since.

Well, today I received a letter from the Canarian Health Authority inviting me to attend for a mammogram. I can't understand why as I have never paid into the social fund but I'm well up for it and will be there on the eighteenth of May. The letter is in Spanish and some bits floor me but I'm sure it says that if there is a problem they will care for me. It also says that I have to take a nightie!

Brian reckons that they need Guinea pigs for some new equipment. He could be right but I can do that.

No comments: