Sunday, October 14, 2007

So Frightened!

I awoke during the early hours of Saturday morning with chronic pains in my chest and left shoulder. I really didn't know what to think or do but decided it was best to wake 'im indoors.

He was ready to get the ambulance but as I'm so scared of doctors and hospitals, I wouldn't go. I spent the rest of the night sitting on the balcony, not daring to move.

The day dragged on. I looked after Charlotte as best as I could but was really relieved when it was time for her daddy to finish work. The pain didn't ease and by four in the afternoon, I was frightened enough to face the Emergency Clinic.

Within two minutes of arriving there, I was attached to an ECG machine which chucked out a till receipt. This got whisked off to the doctor. More scary moments. Next, blood pressure which she didn't seem too happy about but put it down to my stress. I was given an injection in my rear end, told to dress and sit calmly outside, with Brian.

After about twenty minutes my blood pressure was back to normal and I was given the all clear.

I managed to understand seventy percent of the Spanish but was so glad to see Caron walk in. She could question them in greater detail and I was relieved to hear that my heart and blood pressure was all ok. Happen it was indigestion.........I don't suppose I'll ever know.

A scary time, but I'm sure I had the best treatment I could ever have. Three cheers for the Canarian Health Service!

No comments: