Sunday, July 08, 2007

Sunday Bowling

I didn't really feel up to it today, as I spent most of yesterday sobbing my heart out, but Brian thought we should go to take our minds off poor Top. I must admit that he was right!

Brian and Jeff won 6 - 2 whilst Doreen and I lost yet again! We did have some good scores though. Forty weeks to go until the end of the season so we are going to have to pull our socks up.

I must mention last week's efforts at this point. Doreen played a blinder on the last game having a turkey and then a double. I noticed that she had a score of 104 on the fifth end and, should she keep a steady head, she could win that 200 shirt we both covet so much. Knowing that she never checks the score whilst playing, I kept quiet, but did let Jeff know so that he could witness it.

It was so painful but well on course until the tenth. She went and got a SPLIT after throwing a very good ball. She ended up with 197. Such a disappointment for us all.

No comments: