Sunday, September 10, 2006

Bad Bowling!

A new season with lots of new rules! I can see that we will have some rows over this during the next few months. One bad one is 'should any person not be on the lane at two thirty the match will be considered forfeit, and all points cancelled'. Yes, nice one, especially if I've travelled in on the bus which is a journey of around an hour, to find that some idiot is late and I've had a wasted trip!!

THEN.........they decided the fault line is to be used during all match games. Not such a problem but I bowled and received a foul. I know I never went over the line and went and complained. BLAH, BLAH, no, you must have gone over the line. Ok, I tried again, making sure at least three people watched me including the mechanic.........FOUL!! I rarely lose my temper but I was almost at the stage of picking my ball up and going home. Thankfully, just before I had a screaming fit, Shippy, agreed with me and the fault line was turned off. It didn't help my game though as I only had ten points on the third frame.

Not to worry as it might help in regard to another new rule. Handicaps aren't decided until you have played three matches. It's all so STUPID!

Sorry to whinge but I'm still well cross.

No comments: