Wednesday, August 03, 2005

La Fiesta

Today is the first 'official day' of the fiesta in Playa de San Juan. I was awakened at seven this morning by fireworks informing everyone that the day had begun...........I'm not quite sure that I needed to know quite that early!!! It is now almost midnight and the night's celebrations are just about to begin!! The dodgems are at full pelt, laser lighting pulsing, an odd firework blasting into the night sky and more people than I've ever seen before walking down our road. The music is mega loud even though the band is yet to start.

It appears that tonight's celebrations concern the choosing of the 'Reina de la Fiesta' or Carnival Queen so I do hope she had an afternoon nap!! I'm beginning to wish that I had too!!!

On the up side, I really hope they have fun but on the down side there are no toilet facilities for up to three thousand people, no parking facilities either, as 'im indoors says 'God help us all'!!!

No comments: