Saturday, August 27, 2005

Barney.........A Home!!


We went to a 60th Birthday Party last night and came across Barney. He now 'belongs' to an English bloke. He had been scrubbed and was sporting a blue bandana around his neck!! Alledgedly, he has settled down well and it was lovely to see him with his new family. It sure beats sheltering under cars!

I've been doing a little Family Research this week and managed to track down Nancy Haworth. I have learned that her parents were Edward Haworth and Jane Barlow. Edward was born in Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire in October, 1821 and married Jane in January, 1844.

Nancy eventually married William Bentley, the brother of my Great Grandmother on my Mother's side and they had one child, also called William. Unfortunately, there is no trace of Nancy after the birth of her son, so I assume she died in childbirth. She was 34 years old at the time. Complicated stuff but well interesting!!

No comments: