Monday, December 14, 2009

The Weekend


Saturday: Bus strike over for the time being, Shona and I decided to pop into Las Americas for a couple of hours for her to do some last minute shopping. The wind was still blowing strong when we left home but the weather was lovely when we got off the bus. We had lunch, pretty bad and won't go there again, had a walk, sat in the sun, did shopping and off home again.


As Shona really likes going to the Chinese/Indian hot buffet in Callao we went there for dinner. We all ate as much as we wanted and then went to the bar next door for coffee. It was all really pleasant and I was home in time to see the X Factor results!


The trouble was that I didn't feel too well. I hadn't eaten that much but what I had didn't really settle. As soon as I lay down in bed I knew I was going to be ill. Enough said!


Sunday: We had planned to go to Bar San Juan for breakfast as Elmar was picking Shona up for the airport run at twelve fifteen and she needed something to eat before the flight. I'd been awake for most of the night so they took Clio with them and left me to sleep in peace. Chaos when I awoke as on checking the flight times they had realised that the plane was leaving an hour earlier than stated on her ticket.


Brian rang Thomas Cook whilst I contacted Elmar. No chance of picking her up earlier and I lost my rag. I was tired and not feeling well and some silly idiot wouldn't help me out! No help with Thomas Cook either. Thankfully, my mate Tina raced round and took Shona to the airport, no questions asked. Bless her xx


I'm still not well and haven't moved outside the apartment all day. I was pleased to see Joe win the X Factor as he'd been my favourite from the beginning. I also had first and second in the Photo Competition. Clever Joe and clever me!




No comments: