Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Boilers, Television and Flies!!

All the shops will close around lunchtime tomorrow as the Canarians usually celebrate Xmas Eve by having an elaborate meal with their extended families. Panic stations for us as our water boiler decided to die on us and the local shop doesn't stock new elements. Just our sort of luck!

I'd go along with it until Saturday but it struck me that I'd have all those pots and pans to wash on Xmas Day with only the kettle to help! Someone is on a mission in the morning. As an afterthought, my bottle of Fairy lasted for ten days after it's predicted eight weeks and my new bottle is supposed to last until the ninth of March!

We have had the most awful weather all week. Rain, rain and more rain and the TV signal keeps going belly up. Several power cuts which has killed off Bernard's router and could have something to do with our flippin' boiler!

As well as all that, I've never seen so many flies in all my life. Hundreds of the flaming things that really bug me. I'm considering getting one of those hats with corks!

1 comment:

albina N muro said...

A significant step forward came in France in 1828 when Marc Seguin devised a two-pass boiler of which the second pass was formed by a bundle of multiple tubes. A similar design with natural induction used for marine purposes was the popular “Scotch” marine boiler. choosing a replacement boiler