Sunday, February 08, 2009

A Little Squiffy!

Now that the Exchange Rate is so bad we've had to change our lifestyle a little and luxuries such as alcohol have had to go.

We knew that our mates, Liz and Lindsay had arrived on the island last Friday but never expected to see them so soon. There I was snuggled under the covers and reading my book when they rang to say that they were around the corner waiting for us. We haven't seen them for over two years and within half an hour there we all were at Puesto del Sol having a beer or three!

It was really lovely. We all get on so well and never stopped talking for a couple of hours or so, catching up on this and that and I could have stayed there all day. Unfortunately, they had to get back to their hotel and after waving them off we went down the road to watch the Man U game. Another couple of beers and now I'm half tiddled!

The whole day bucked me up no end and I feel happier than I've been for ages. It's so nice to have real friends.

No comments: