Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What a Performance

We borrowed a Digibox from our mate Mick last summer and as it suited us and he didn't really need it we bought it from him about three months ago. We get BBC 1 and 2, ITV1, Channels 4 and 5 as well as a couple of Sports Channels. As long as I can watch Corrie, I'm happy.

Rumours were flying around at the end of last week that it had to be re-configured at some point. Not a problem or so we thought. I was sure that it would be after Christmas and a couple of folk said that it wouldn't be before February. As we don't normally watch television during the day, it was six o'clock when I turned on last night to catch up on Eggheads (I know I'm sad)........NO TV!

Off we set at lunchtime to sort it out and as we had to go by bus it was quite a mission. On arriving at Guaza we turned the corner to find a queue of around twenty people all clutching their boxes. It was really funny. It took us over an hour to sort ours out and by the time we left the shop the queue was well down the street.

A five-hour trip and a ninety Euro charge, what a day but at least I got my Corrie back!

No comments: