Sunday, October 12, 2008

Bits and Bats

A little bit of a catch up tonight. Dave is still in hospital awaiting further tests on Monday morning. Caron tells us that he's cheerful enough but bored out of his brain. He's reading, eating and sleeping but really wants to go home. Happen it won't be too long now.

Still on a similar theme, I spent a couple of hours with Sue on Saturday afternoon. I was chief minder and went along to the supermarket with her to carry the bags. She's looking quite well but does tire easily. Hopefully, she'll be well enough to have a bit of a holiday in England before Christmas.

We had a walk to Bar Manu this afternoon for the Meat Raffle and Whiskey Raffle. Brian often jokes that if he had the only ticket he'd never win but we walked away with a huge bag of lamb chops and a bottle of Johnny Walker Red! I hate whiskey but it's lamb chops for tea tomorrow.

I'm still struggling with this on/off internet thing. We have been ringing Direct Telecom for two weeks now and I've never seen such a useless bunch of idiots in all my life. This Hager bloke promised to contact us on Friday............he did, via an email. By the time I managed to have a connection long enough to view it the office was closed. We are on the old exchange in the village and I've asked and asked them to do something about it but it appears they know best. Brian is off to collect a new router tomorrow so fingers crossed yet again.

Not long before my England trip. My twelve-year old Grandson will be in Sheffield that week for an operation on his arm. I haven't driven a car for years but I'd love to go and see him. Happen I'll give a hire car a go! I'm also willing Katie on to have her baby before I get there. I'm clinging on to my mobile at all times waiting for the call. They say castor oil helps!!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Have you thought about getting the train? I've had a quick look on thetrainline.com and a day return between Blackburn to Sheffield is about £20 and takes ~2 hours, so not that much longer than driving...

junetta said...

Thanks Katie. I did think of getting a bus into Manchester and going from there. I don't think that I have the confidence to drive after such a long break.
June xxx

Katie said...

That would also work as it looked like you had to change trains in Manchester anyway. From my experiences of train travel this year though it might be worth booking ahead - both to get a seat allocated and because they seem to put the prices up on the day...