Friday, April 11, 2008

The Phoenix Project

Hyndburn Council have been systematically demolishing the old mill houses during the last few years. Now it´s the turn of our old family home.

I´m not sure why this upsets me unless it´s all the memories which have been flooding back in recent weeks. My brother and I used to run riot around the local area, each promising each other that we´d never stop playing out! Hopscotch on the pavement outside with twenty or so other kids. A rope tied to the lamp post at the top of the street for skipping. Statues and hide and seek. It all went on and didn´t we have fun?!

My poor Mum was buried from there when I was just fifteen and four years later I walked out of the door wearing my wedding dress. I never went back. So sad.

Thanks to Mick from Accyweb for the photo xx

No comments: