Saturday, April 26, 2008

Hot or What?











I love nothing more than living
here with the sunny weather but today was painful.

Frequent gusts of hot wind which took your breath away and covered you in the sand blown from Africa.

Poor Clio only managed half of her walk as she was gasping for breath. It was reported that the temperature at eight this morning was 34 degrees and rose to 41 degrees by the late afternoon. No sun in sight, just wind and heat.

Fires are becoming a problem in La Gomera. The Spanish news was showing villas blazing earlier and also extra firefighters being ferried in from other islands. The picture above shows the problems that they had in July, last year.

Nothing here as yet apart from a fire in the wood yard down the road. I could smell it from my house and sat here pondering on what I would rescue first. Passports, bank stuff and important papers followed by my jewellery box, if I had the time...............fire engines sorted it before my imagination ran riot!

It´s quiet now, although hot enough to be July, the wind has dropped and happen it will all be back to normal tomorrow.

No comments: