Saturday, December 01, 2007

A Little Lonely But........

I'm doing fine on my own and the novelty of doing exactly as I like is well good. I can also eat when I like and cook what I like. Sausages, chips and mushrooms for tea.........all fried together in the same pan!! Frozen chips at that! Boiled spuds are banned this week. What can I concoct tomorrow?

A couple of my mates amazed me today. 'Are you ok?', 'Are you scared at night?', 'Come around to eat' and 'Ring at any time during the night should you need us'. It's nice of them to care but it made me wonder if I should be scared........no, I'm ok, I can cook in one pan and I'll be asleep in the middle of the night!

I took Clio back to the clinic earlier today and it was bedlam in there. Three dogs had been given poison last night by some evil soul and it was touch and go for them. It was one of those scenarios that make you wonder if you might be dreaming. One dog was being sick whilst another looked like it might be breathing it's last. Three or four people were crying and in the middle of it all was a woman with a turtle in a box. I hung around long enough to check that it would be ok to take Clio back on Monday and got the hell out of there.

No comments: